Friday, March 22, 2013

The Resale

Twice a year, a church in our area holds a children's resale. There are over 300 sellers at this event. This spring sale I was able to be a seller. This meant hours of going through, selecting, hanging and tagging clothes and other items. I really really priced things to sell, so we'll see in a few weeks how we did! 15% of your sales go to local charities so that's an added bonus to selling - other than getting rid of things you don't need and making a few dollars.

There are 200 people who volunteer with the resale each time. I am one of those 200, and have been for the last 5 sales. When you volunteer you not only are helping out a charitable event (good for the soul), but you get to go to the presale the Friday before the resale and get first dibs on the items (good for your kids)!

Now, even after 200+ people go through on Friday night, there is still A LOT of stuff for the rest of the public to go through and buy.

Here are some of my finds from tonight for both of the girls:
A Bumbo seat, with tray, for $8
A small trike/ smaller version of a big wheel, for $3.50
A medium sized purple fold-up papasan-type chair for $15
1 coloring book
6 dresses
15 tops
7 pants
12 shorts and skorts
2 pairs of shoes

Take a guess at my total!!!







Ready.....?






$85.


Yup! Summer wardrobes for both girls AND the other fun items for under $100! For Mallory I only needed one size but Marin will need the next two sizes to get through the whole summer.

I LOVE the resale.

And sorry that the pics are crummy...not enough light and I used the ipad to take them with a baby in my arms :)



3 comments:

  1. Score! I love the red poppy dress! Great finds at the resale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finds. Your children will look wonderful this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those deals are worth every moment of your time and every penny you spent. You chose some great buys!

    ReplyDelete