Thursday, March 13, 2014

LTYM Audition

Tomorrow evening I am auditioning for Listen to Your Mother. See link below:
http://listentoyourmothershow.com/

The show is a series of live staged readings and is held in 32 cities this year. Each cast is made up of about 15 people who have written 2-7 minute pieces (approximately) and the topic of these is motherhood. There is one performance in each of these cities around Mother's Day each year.

You don't have to be a mother to write and audition, your piece just has to revolve around motherhood. It can be funny or sad or happy or regretful - anything about motherhood.

A friend of mine from Chicago was part of the Chicago cast last year. Watch her performance here-(it's pretty funny): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnYqMh0F2io

When I saw the audition call out for this year I really felt like I wanted to audition. And then a friend of mine even suggested it before she knew I was thinking about it. So I am going to drive to Valparaiso tomorrow after school and read my piece and audition. 

My piece of writing is actually taken mostly from one of my slices last year! I am so excited and nervous and kind of hoping it isn't a waste of time to drive that far but I'll never know if I don't try.

There are a lot of slices I've read about some aspect of motherhood - so many I think would be perfect for the show - and I wish I could tell all these people to audition but it's a little late for that, and I don't know where you all live! :) So, instead, I am going to encourage you slicers to think about signing up for the LTYM email list and start thinking about a piece to share. So many wonderful writers here and so many wonderful stories to share.

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

  1. I am excited to hear about your experience and to watch you when you get to be part of the cast. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! Looking forward to hearing about it. I am sure you will be part if the cast. You will rock that audition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! Best wishes and good luck. I admire your bravery doing something like that. It's a "when I grow up I can do that" kind of thing for me. lol

    ReplyDelete